Thursday, August 19, 2010

Perfect Beginning

I have been humming and hawing over how I was going to start this blog without it feeling awkward.  After becoming frustrated, I decided that it could wait until another day.  Then I got home and found the perfect story to start with as an example of the strange things that happen in my day to day life.  So here is the story.  I must give the credit to my cat, Foxy Lady (aka Kitty). 



Last night I found a dead bird in my yard.  Mostly intact and proudly displayed as what I can only assume to be a loving memento from Kitty.  I scooped the thing up with a shovel and put it in a plastic bag to dispose of next garbage day.  I made one critical mistake.  Instead of tossing the bird casket into the garage, like any other normal person would do, I left the bag sitting outside the garage door.  Big mistake. 



I got home from work today, to find that Kitty had dragged the dead bird in it's bag, back upstairs (a small feat on its own) and had almost successfully chewed through the plastic bag to find what she would see as a mid day snack.  The plastic bag, now full of holes from her dagger teeth was sitting next to her food dish as if to say "Dinner, please!".  I can only imagine what I would have come home to if she had of been successful. 

Sorry Kitty, I'm very proud of your hunting abilities, but it's going to be kibble again tonight.

1 comment:

  1. ooooooo kitty!
    Welcome to the blog-o-sphere love!

    ReplyDelete