Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Race Bandit?

This past weekend I completed my 2nd half marathon.  In the past year I've become "addicted" to running and have really enjoyed training for these races as well as a couple of shorter ones.  Now, even though it is not expected that you look like a model while running a 21.1km race, there are some people who pull it off really well.  I am not one of those people.  I tend to turn bright red and look like this:



I know, hot!

It has also become apparent that the photos of me, which are taken by professional photographers during these races, either turn out horrible or are few and far between.  It is almost as if I have dodged off during the race and found a shortcut to the end OR the photographer feels as it is better that I don't see what I look like.

The photo's for the Scotiabank 1/2 Marathon are now up and although there are very few of me (again!), the photos that were taken "take the cake" this time!  Not because of me.  I look surprisingly normal. 

I'm the runner on the left hand side, top of the frame.  I'm casually stopping my watch as I cross the finish line.  I know you didn't notice me first though...all you can see is the guy in the red shirt...

 Is this a face of extreme pain? Immense joy of being finished? Is this a face that says "I really should have stopped at the porta-potty at 18k!?"

And it get's better.... 
See me?  I look happy!

Where is his race bib?  Did he even run the race?  Maybe he's a race bandit!

There isn't a single photo of me without this dude!  I will always remember this race as the one where I finished behind the guy who might have just s**t his pants!

6 comments:

  1. bahaha... These photos are never going to get old! Congrats on the run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing wrong with a little poop in the pants! ha, ha, ha...good story

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes running get's the best of all of us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look good, even all red hot and bothered.
    lol.

    Yeah, red shirt is sort of unexplainable, but I lol'd at yer post. Good job!

    p.s. ooooh fancy new background *I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy!*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, oooh, guess what? I have an award for you and your bloginess over on my site.

    Check it out, Jodes:
    http://seriouslyreallyseriously.blogspot.com/2010/10/i-gotz-me-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shameless self promotion, I love it :)

    ReplyDelete